ponedeljek, 4. januar 2010

Music is my...

...And mostly all I have to say about these songs is that I love them, and I want to sing along to them, and force other people to listen to them, and get cross when these other people don`t like them as much as I do...
-Nick Hornby, 31 Songs, also Songbook

One of my favourite quotes about music I`ve ever heard. Isn`t that such a lovely sentiment? I completely relate to it, I didn`t even read the entire book (in it he describes 31 songs, that he likes and that have somehow changed or influenced his life), but this quote stuck out like a sore thumb to me when I first read it, I blushed and thought, "Oh my gosh, me too!!"... It still warms my heart.

The other thing in the book I liked was when he was explaining that you CAN actually leave a concert (he left a Led Zep concert to go eat and then came back, if I remember correctly), and then even come back, because I wouldn`t dare leave a concert in the middle of the show or leave early, I wouldn`t want to miss out!! The ones I did leave either weren`t on my own volition (compromises and parents *eyeroll*), or I just didn`t care enough for the performers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Disclaimer: I don`t own or have made any of those pictures posted above, I`m just trying to make my blog prettier. Also, 31 Songs has been safely returned to the library ages ago.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar