sreda, 20. januar 2010

Faulkner...mainly

So it appears I have one exam less in this exam period.
Shame! I was rather looking forward to it. I still have two? more exams
and a seminar paper comparing William of Baskerville and Sherlock Holmes.
I also have to read As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner, which is insanely uninviting.
Not only is the language hard, too many characters and points of view, there really isn`t much going on. The novel is confusing and written in a "stream of conciousness" which means, the characters` thoughts flow uncontrollably (you know like in Ulysses, by James Joyce). It interjects with MY stream of consciousness. I don`t know what that`s gonna produce, however, today I skipped through the chapters, ( I`ve read some already) and one chapter (Vardaman`s POW) only has one sentence, (actually, clause if we`re grammatically correct) that says:" My mother is a fish". Which I found somewhat endearing, random and it made me think of Old Gregg (maybe he is Vardy`s son or summik). Seriously, that "chapter" brightened up my day.

....I`m OLD GREEEEGGG!!!!!! Mothafucka! I`ve got a MANGINA!!!

1 komentar:

  1. 'My mother is a fish' bightened ure day ...
    How bout this;
    'My beer is cold and has a 'crisp'' ... This just brightened my day :D :D :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši